There is no such thing as “the best” furniture store if you’re looking for a new bedroom. This is because it is all down to your personal needs and tastes. For instance, you may love a huge sleigh bed with ornate wood, whereas someone else would prefer a minimalistic floating bed. So does this mean a good furniture store caters to the needs of everybody? Not necessarily either. Rather, you need to find something that offers the items you are looking for.
What to Look for in a Bedroom Furniture Stores
The first thing you have to consider is that a bedroom is made up of a lot more than simply a bed. Other items that you are likely to need for your bedroom include:
- Bedside tables.
A truly good store will sell all of these items, so you have a one stop shop to get everything that you need.
In terms of styles, however, only you can decide what you like. That being said, there are some recognized styles that you could take into consideration. Those include:
- The folding bed, for smaller rooms.
- The platform bed that you can look under.
- The panel bed, with a huge headboard.
- The sleigh bed, which looks like a sleigh.
- The Murphy bed, which folds into a wall space.
- The trundle bed, from which another bed slides out of the bottom.
- The day bed, which looks more like a sofa.
- The four-poster bed, with a very regal look. There is also the low poster, the pencil poster, the half poster, and the canopy (traditional or contemporary) version.
- The divan bed, which looks more like a box and has a drawer underneath.
- The futon bed, which looks like a sofa that can fold out.
- The double decker, perfect for children’s rooms.
- The loft bunk, which is a high sleeper with a desk or sofa underneath.
- The L-shaped bunk, which has space for three children.
- The cabin bed, which is surrounded by cupboards.
- The cot, perfect for camping.
- The half tester, which is another regal type of bed.
- The storage bed, whereby the mattress lifts to reveal a storage space.
Of course, once you have chosen your style, you need to choose your mattress. There is the air bed, the water bed, the adjustable bed, the memory foam mattress, the latex mattress, the sprung mattress, the box spring, and many more. And, as if that wasn’t enough, you also have to choose your size (single, double, Queen, King, Super King).
What this list demonstrates is that it would be impossible for a furniture store to hold every single style so that they offer someone for everybody. Rather, you should consider what you would like to have in your room, and then find a store that offers exactly that. Your bedroom is your private domain, and it has to be absolutely perfect for your individual needs. Hence, think about what you want before you head out to shop.